Discussion points/learning objectives:
- Where does legal marijuana intersect with illegal marijuana and how are you supposed to draw the line?
- How does legal marijuana in neighboring states affect Pennsylvania employers?
- Is recreational marijuana legalization on the horizon in Pennsylvania?
- If someone is approved for medical marijuana are they automatically considered “disabled” under the ADA? How do I treat that?
- Considering CDL drivers are not permitted to use medical marijuana, how do we administer different rules for different employees?
Cost: $40 for CFMA Members & $45 for non-members (breakfast included)
Jeff Stewart, Attorney, White and Williams, LLP
Jeff Stewart focuses his practice on labor and employment matters. He represents business, governmental and not-for-profit employers in all phases of labor and employment law matters.
Jeff defends employment actions related to workplace discrimination and harassment, wrongful termination, wage and hour disputes, and whistleblower claims. Jeff's clients appreciate his desire to get to know the unique aspects of their businesses and his ability to then apply the law to their particular circumstances. He counsels clients about non-compete agreements, sexual harassment investigations, FLSA compliance, unemployment compensation, and drafting employment policies and handbooks.
Jeff also tries cases before the National Labor Relations Board and the Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board. He handles unfair labor practice charges, unit clarification hearings, and grievance arbitration. He counsels employers in union avoidance and has helped his clients successfully defeat union representation elections. Jeff serves as lead negotiator during collective bargaining and advises his clients on all aspects of strikes, lockouts, and mass picketing. In addition to his private-sector clients, Jeff represents municipalities with respect to their labor unions.
Jeff also conducts training for employers in such areas as sexual harassment, supervisor skills, how to properly discipline employees and union avoidance. He is known for his energetic and engaging seminars, as well as his ability to make attendees look at subjects in a different light. In addition to his law practice, Jeff teaches Labor & Employment Law courses for DeSales University and Moravian College. He is a former member of the board of directors of the Lehigh Valley Chapter of the Society of Human Resource Management and chair of its Legislative Committee.